Posts : 456
Points : 62094
Reputation : 20
Birthday : 15/08/1989
Join date : 20/05/2011
Age : 27
|Subject: redsn0w 0.9.15b1 Released for Re-Restore iOS5.x-5.x | Huge Info Inside Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:18 pm|| |
Restoration reinvigoration Today High-level new feature list:
we’re pleased to release redsn0w version 0.9.15b1, with significant
new features supporting restoring to older firmware no longer being
signed by Apple. For brevity, we’ll list most of the new features in
bullet form.Please feel free to drop by our comments section
- restore from any 5.x iOS to any other (up, down or the same) 5.x iOS on all devices as long as you have the correct blobs (see more below)
- Cydia now included in the tethered 6.0 jailbreak on A4 devices
- automatically “Just Boot” tethered when qualifying A4 device connects in DFU mode
- untethered 6.0 jailbreak on old-bootrom 3GS
- untethered 6.0 hactivation on any 3GS or iPhone4
restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware — no more complicated
15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file”
- fetch new signed blobs for any IPSW (present or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->SHSH Blobs->New
- block the BB update for any 3GS or iPhone4 restore (past, present, or future — no redsn0w update required) using Extras->Even More->Restore
any iPhone, useful for testing your “official” unlock status through
iTunes. (Please only deactivate your own iPhone!)
- activation status shown on “Even more” page
- significantly more (very nerdy) info returned by “Identify” button when device is in Normal mode
- tethered jailbreak of ATV2 supported (but the only thing available for it is the SSH2 custom bundle available here — no Cydia yet. Must use “Select IPSW” for tethered boot of ATV2 for now).
- auto-exit WTF mode for older devices with broken buttons
time a set of blobs is fetched remotely (from Apple or Cydia), redsn0w
also saves them locally (and will check there first if you click
your future restoring convenience, you should also submit all of your
past and present TinyUmbrella blobs to Cydia if you haven’t done so
yet. Resubmitting is okay and won’t cause conflicts.
Here are more details on the iOS5-to-iOS5 restores for A5+ devices. (Note: pre-A5 devices don’t have these restrictions — just follow the redsn0w prompts during the restore). 1. redsn0w
now lets you restore an A5+ device from any iOS5 to any other iOS5 as
long as you have correct 5.x blobs for the starting (current) and
ending points of the restore
2. You DO NOT QUALIFY for iOS5-to-iOS5 restores if you got to your current 5.x via an OTA update
- APtickets eliminated “higher-version only” comparison of firmware restores (just like BBtickets did for the baseband)
restores supported by redsn0w if you have the correct blobs:
5.1.1-to-5.0.1, 5.0.1-to-5.1.1, 5.1.1-to-5.1.1, 5.0.1-to-5.0.1
you don’t have the blobs locally, let redsn0w try to fetch them
remotely (redsn0w always tries both Apple and Cydia). Any succesful
remote fetch also saves a local copy too.
3. Unlike the A4 devices, redsn0w can’t (usefully) prevent the baseband updates of A5+ iPhones and iPads.
- the tickets saved by Cydia, redsn0w, and TinyUmbrella do not cover OTA update ramdisk images
- even if they did, it’s the “wrong kind” of ramdisk (you’d need to start at that earlier pre-OTA FW)
- devices fresh from factory or refurb may fall in the “does not qualify” category (your results will vary)
- it’s okay if you previously got to 5.x via an OTA update, as long as your current 5.x was installed via a normal iTunes restore. All that matters is how you got to your current 5.x most recently
detects an OTA/normal-restore APticket mismatch very early, so if you
don’t know your status there should be no harm in trying. Any device
in recovery mode after such a mismatch can boot normally again just by
going back to “Even More” screen from the “Restore” screen (or use
“Recovery Fix” if you quit redsn0w before doing that).
4. iPad2 owners (all three models) with saved 4.x blobs can use those instead, even from 6.x
so, redsn0w automatically flashes the currently signed baseband when
it does A5+ restores, even if those basebands didn’t come with the
- stay away from this if you have an unofficial unlock that isn’t supported by the newest baseband
least-tested baseband update code in redsn0w is for iPad2,3 and
iPad3,2. Please give any feedback on those iOS5 restores in the
comments section below.
- if you have both 4.x and 5.x iPad2 blobs, you can always get to 5.x via the 4.x blobs, even if you’re currently on 6.x
- you cannot get to 5.x from 6.x without the 4.x blobs (but you may still qualify for the iOS5-to-iOS5 restore described above)
- if somehow you have 4.x blobs but no 5.x blobs, you can still go down to 4.x from 6.x
- this only applies to iPad2 owners (they’re the only A5+ devices that ever had a public 4.x FW)
still supports (but doesn’t require) jailbreaking A5+ devices at 5.0.1
and 5.1.1. Just head back to the first page after re-restoring to
5.x. It’s always much faster to jailbreak those FW versions
with a freshly-restored device, before letting iTunes restore from a
saved userland backup.
And finally, some random details: 5. ultrasn0w isn’t yet updated for 6.x
6. As always, redsn0w lets you “Fetch” the SHSH blobs currently flashed onto your pre-A5 device
now you probably should be taking advantage of the extremely cheap
IMEI-based unlocks of iPhones sold by established online retailers like
- still, IMEI-based unlocks don’t work in all cases. We’ll announce when ultrasn0w is ported up to 6.x
will still hactivate your 3GS or iPhone4 if you run it before the
device is activated. Due to the current tethered 6.x JB status,
redsn0w now hactivates 6.x without requiring subsequent tethered
boots. If you accidentally hactivate with redsn0w, use the
“Deactivate” checkbox available from the Jailbreak screen, not the
normal one in “Even more”
- use this if you’re at 5.x or 4.x but without having saved your blobs when the window was open
- this is only useful when Apple is no longer signing the firmware, otherwise Cydia/redsn0w “New”/TinyUmbrella blobs are superior (but you’re welcome to fetch your 6.0 blobs this way anyway)
- fetching blobs in this fashion will automatically forward them up to Cydia, as well as save a local copy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- redsn0w 0.9.15b1 (OS X — use Ctrl-Click->Open if on Mountain Lion for now)
- redsn0w 0.9.15b1 (Windows — run in Adminstrator Mode)
_________________Avoid Receiving WARNINGS And Getting BANNED! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]* Read All Forum Rules!
* Use Search Before You Post!
* Make Sure You're Posting In The Right Section!
* Don't Post Live Links Or Passwords That Are Links!
* Don't Double Post, Always Follow The Topics!
* Don't Disrespect Other Members Or Use Rude Words!
* Don't Spam!CHECK OUT THE NEW RULES[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]