Posts : 227
Points : 54404
Reputation : 11
Birthday : 23/11/1987
Join date : 05/04/2011
Age : 29
|Subject: Update Micromax Canvas A116 HD to Android 4.1.2 with JellySmartRom Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:19 pm|| |
Update Micromax Canvas A116 HD to Android 4.1.2 with JellySmartRom Pre-Upgrade Instruction:
Micromax Canvas A116 HD Android 4.1.2 JellySmart Update Peocess: Here is step by step Guide to Update your Phone to Android 4.1.2
sure that you have fully charged your phone. It's the very first step
to ensure because you don't want to land up your phone in trouble of
running out off battery during the proccess of update.
- You should have rooted your phone.
- You should also have ClockWorkMod Recovery on your phone.
- You should also ensure that Usb debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that you have followed the above instructions, we would be first downloading JellySmart A116 Canvas HD Rom Zip file.
connect the phone using the USB cable to PC & then transfer the
downloaded file to the root of your External/Internal SD card.
- Now disconnect the phone & switch it OFF.
- You need to turn ON your phone into ClockWorkMod Recovery this can be done by pressing Volume UP + Down & Power
button altogether at once. You will soon see the MicromaxA116 logo
& in the next screen choose Recovery Mod. Navigate the option using
- It is advised to take backup of your existing ROM on your phone and this can be done by selecting "Backup and Restore" and select "Backup Current ROM"
- In the Recovery Mod you need to first "Wipe data/Factory Reset" then followed with "Wipe Partation" this will delete the current ROM on your phone.
- Now click on "Advance" and select "Dalvik Cache" to clear the dalvik cache & then "Battery State" clear.
- Now go to "Mount & Storage" and then select Storage select "Format/System".
- Select "Install zip from SDcard"
and then navigate to the root of your SD card where you have stored
file. Select it and Click Yes. Again as I mentioned you earliar, Volume
Down/UP keys are used to navigate and power button used to select.
- Once flashing is done, you will be taken bac to the CWM Recovery Menu.
- Now go to "Advanced" and then hit "Fix Permission" to fix all permissions.
u need hit "Reboot System Now" to get your phone into normal mode.This
time it will take 3-5 mints for your phone to act accordingly to the new
JellySmart base custom ROM settings. Don't worry it will boot up, if it
doesn't rmove battery and re-insert it.