You can start Pheonix to use Dead USB flashing by doing the following:
- start Phoenix
- go to File > Manage Connections…
- in the Priority list, move NO CONNECTION first in the list, click Apply and Close
- now go to File > Open product, select RM-482 and click Open
- go to Flashing > Firmware update, tick Dead USB flashing and follow the steps described in the tutorial.
After successfully installing Pheonix and Nokia E55 Firmware package we do the following:
1. We run Phoenix (All Programs > Phoenix > Phoenix)
2. Make sure your phone is connected via USB
and PC Suite mode is enabled.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Step3: Find you device
3. We are now in Phoenix main menu, we go to File > Scan product…
, after which if the operation is successful, the top menu and the
status bar should look like in image from step 4 ( see below).
4. Now the product is recognized and loaded by Phoenix and we are
going to prepare to flash the phone with the latest version of firmware
available right now and at the same time HACK IT
using the firmware patch which will automatically install RomPatcher+ 2.3. Next you click Flashing > Firmware Update
from the top menu after which a dialog box should pop-out. See the image below:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Step4: Flashing e55
5. Now the flashing dialog will have poped-out listing give you
multiple choices. First you must select the firmware version you want
to flash (in case you don’t want to flash the auto-selected firmware).
You can do so by clicking the
” buton which will bring a list with all the available firmware for your model. Pick one and click OK[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Step 5: Select your firmware
6. After selecting our wanted firmwarefor flashing we click Options
and we look for our patch (the one in the archive, you must unrar it
first to use it :)) ). It’s the one with the similar name with a file
in the flash list (take a good look at before clicking Add
(BTW: both are the same
After selecting the patch file to flash, set the Type
to: Content and tick Refurbish
while you are in the Add
file dialog box.
The flash file list should look like in the image below:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Step 6: Files to flash
Now we click OK to close the dialog box and we get ready to flash the mobile phone.
7. Now click Refurbish
and wait for Pheonix to finish flashing your phone. The output should be like in the image below:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Final step: Flash complete
Doesn’t matter if you get warning or error during the flash. If you brick your phone IT CAN BE FIXED!
Click OK in the dialog, Close in the flash
box, and close Phoenix, remove the data cable from your phone,
configure it and go to Application > RomPatcher+
and activate the available patches.